July 10th was the big day for Country Star [lastfm]Carrie Underwood[/lastfm] and husband NHL player Mike Fisher! While we didn’t get the ‘official invitation’ (not sure why) we have pooled all the gossip details regarding the big day and what followed! Get a peek at where Carrie and Mike spent their first night as husband and wife, “whos who” in attendance, the honeymoon video, and what Mike Fisher has to say about married life!
NHL’s Ottawa Senator, Mike Fisher talks about wedding day jitters, the honeymoon and how he wants to move to Nashville — post hockey!
Mike Fisher plans on being a Nashville resident some day, but he has no interest in giving up his Ottawa address any time soon. “I definitely love it here. I don’t see that happening,” the Senators center said in an exclusive interview with the Sun — when asked about any desire of finishing his career as a Predator — a little more than two weeks after being wed to country singing superstar [lastfm]Carrie Underwood[/lastfm]. Read the complete story and watch the video interview!
[lastfm]Carrie Underwood[/lastfm] Fisher and husband Mike Fisher return from French Polynesian Honeymoon at the Le Tahaa Tahiti Vacations & Resorts. Watch the video!Vodpod videos no longer available.
- The dress! People Magazine hosts Carrie and Mike’s Wedding photos in an upcoming edition! (Cover shows date of July26th)
- Carrie’s dog Ace was dressed in a Swarovski crystal-encrusted pink tuxedo, he trotted down the aisle with the ring bearer and flower girl and “was barking at us like mad,” says Carrie. “We were laughing, everyone was laughing and Ace was barking.”
- Carrie walked down the aisle to a string quartet playing Wagner’s Bridal Chorus.
- Carrie’s nephew Max was the ring bearer and Mike’s cousin Hanna was flower girl.
- The wedding cake was a cupcake tower made by bridesmaid Ivey Childers and the couple’s first dance was “Love Never Fails,” sung at the wedding by contemporary Christian singer [lastfm]Brandon Heath[/lastfm].
Wearing a Monique Lhuillier gown and a diamond tiara (Fisher’s wedding gift to her), Underwood tried to keep it together, she tells People. “My sister told me if I feel like tearing up, say the Pledge of Allegiance. I must have said it 20 times.” (USA Today)
- Looks like Tahiti is the honeymoon destination!
- Life & Style reports that the couple are either honeymooning in Tahiti or Bora Bora.
- Ottawa Senators’ Mike Fisher and [lastfm]Carrie Underwood[/lastfm] arriving at Greene County Regional Airport, where they boarded a private jet on route to their honeymoon. See more photos here!
- According to CMT.COM, Underwood’s publicist says there are no plans to release wedding photos to the media. (Sad. . .) However, People Magazine reports photos and details will be in print next week.
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports [lastfm]Faith Hill[/lastfm], [lastfm]Tim McGraw[/lastfm], [lastfm]Garth Brooks[/lastfm], [lastfm]Paula Abdul[/lastfm] and [lastfm]David Cook[/lastfm] attended the ceremony. They also say former America Idol contestant Lindsey Cardinale was a bridesmaid.
- “We could not feel more blessed to have found each other and to have shared this day with our friends and family that mean so much to us!” the newly-married couple told People magazine. Best of all, they signed the statement “Mike & Carrie Fisher.”
- According to People Magazine, the bride wore a Chantilly lace Monique Lhuillier dress. Click here to see other famous celebrities wearing Monique Lhuiller wedding gowns.
- [lastfm]Carrie Underwood[/lastfm] and Mike Fisher chose classical music and Bible readings to make their wedding day a spiritual one.
WHAT HAS BEEN REPORTED SO FAR (Come back to wycd.com for updates):
- [lastfm]Carrie Underwood[/lastfm] is set to wed fiance Mike Fisher this Saturday (July 10th) at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation in Greensboro, Georgia.
- The country music sweetheart and her hockey-playing fiance will spend their first night as husband and wife in the hotel’s Presidential Suite, which features a gourmet kitchen, a private pool and a dining room that can fit up to 16 guests.
- The bride-to-be and her fiancé, pro hockey player Mike Fisher, have taken over the entire five-star hotel for their VIP guests for the $500,000+ wedding.
- Two hundred buttermilk pies, which are a local favorite, have been ordered for the affair from the Yesterday Café. Straw hats and lilies grace the lobby and iced tea and lemonade stands are everywhere. Carrie even made sure that her travel-weary guests were pampered with chair massages.
- At check-in, guests were given a fancy plastic bag filled with Georgia pecans.
- Inside the Starling Banquet Room, wedding gifts are stacked to the ceiling and tables are filled with framed pictures of Carrie.
- A huge white tent has been erected on the outside lawns overlooking Lake Oconee.
- Wedding guests will be treated to a fireworks display.
- More than 250 rooms have been rented for guests, including [lastfm]Tim McGraw[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Faith Hill[/lastfm], [lastfm]Garth Brooks[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Trisha Yearwood[/lastfm], Simon Cowell, [lastfm]Paula Abdul[/lastfm], [lastfm]Randy Jackson[/lastfm] and Fisher’s fellow Ottawa Senators Chris Neil and Chris Phillips.
- Security is as tight as a presidential visit. The entire perimeter of the hotel is protected by police and two police boats are on the lake.
- A security stop has been set up at the entrance to the property and wedding guests were given a silver wristband. Hotel workers are wearing green wristbands.
InStyle.com, RadarOnline.com, and Ritz-Carlton.com, People Magazine, JustJared.com, and USA Today contributed to this report.