Most parents like mine, tell their kids that they ‘love them all equally’ and they do not have a “favorite child.” But we all know that is not true. If you were or were not the ‘favorite kid’….you know it! Now that you yourself are a parent, do you ‘play favorites?’ Ask yourself these 5 simple questions to see if maybe you are guilty of ‘playing favorites!’
Do you play favorites with your children? Here are five questions to ask yourself to find out if you are:
1) Do you have more photos of one child than the others? If the answer here is yes, why?
2) Are you more involved with one child’s extra-curricular activities? Why?
3) Did you spend the same amount of money on each child’s birthday or Christmas gifts? If not…why?
4) Do you contribute the same to each child’s college funds? Sure hope your answer here is yes!
5) Do you find one child much easier to be around than the others? This one is a tough one to answer honestly, if the real answer is no!
Do you hate to admit that YES, you DO ‘play favorites’ with your kids? Do you over-compensate by trying to make the ‘less favorite ones’ feel special too?