Getting into a heated argument doesn’t just put you in a bad mood, it can also compromise your ability to perform everyday tasks—like driving—in ways that could be dangerous for you or the people around you. Here are my ‘top 5 things you should never do when you are really mad‘…
Here are a few things not to do when you are hot under the collar.
1) You shouldn’t drive – Operating a motor vehicle when you’re enraged can be dangerous. Research shows that angry drivers take more risks and have more accidents.
2) You shouldn’t eat – When we are angry, we often make unhealthy food choices. No one ever reaches for broccoli. We go for the high-sugar, high-fat, carbohydrate-loaded comfort foods.
3) You shouldn’t post about your conflict on Facebook– When you’re angry, broadcasting your feelings to your friends and family on Facebook and other social networks will more than likely come back to haunt you.
4) You shouldn’t write emails – If you can’t resist writing down your angry thoughts, jot down your feelings in a Word document.
5) You shouldn’t tell ALL your friends or parents if you are fighting with your partner- They will naturally want to side with you, and if you make up after a nasty fight, others may not be so forgiving.
What else would you recommend that you never do when you are angry?