Luke Bryan is sharing some of the music that was an important part of his life growing up with “Entertainment Weekly,” and some of them may surprise you.
Luke says that his parents were huge Ronnie Milsap fans, so the singer’s “Back on My Mind Again” was the first tune he was obsessed with, while Clint Black, Alan Jackson and Brooks & Dunn were the artists that made him want to become a musician. He notes, “It was a lot of influences of that time frame in music that really left a mark on me.”
Other important musical milestones for Luke include:
- First album he bought with his own money – Michael Jackson’s“Thriller”
- The first concert he ever saw – Jerry Lee Lewis and T.G. Sheppard
- Song that reminds him of his wife – “Stuck on You,” Lionel Richie
- His go-to karaoke song – “All Night Long,” Lionel Richie
- Song he wants played at his funeral – “Go Rest High on That Mountain” or “Amazing Grace”